Team Cables Publications
Publications of the TeaM Cables project
- Antti Paajanen, Jukka Vaari and Tuukka Verho, “Crystallization of cross-linked polyethylene by molecular dynamics simulation” in Polymer, Vol. 171, pp. 80-86, 8 May 2019
- Simone Vincenzo Suraci, Davide Fabiani, Konsta Sipila, Harri Joki, “Filler impact analysis on aging of crosslinked polyethylene for nuclear applications through dielectric spectroscopy“, 2019 IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP)
- Simone Vincenzo Suraci, Davide Fabiani, Chuanyang Li, Anne Xu, Sébastien Roland, Xavier Colin, “Aging assessment of XPLE LV cables used in nuclear power plants”, JiCable 2019 conference
- Simone Vincenzo Suraci, Davide Fabiani, Chuanyang Li, “Additive effect on dielectric spectra of crosslinked polyethylene (XLPE) used in nuclear power plants”, Electrical Insulation Conference 2019, Calgary, Canada
- Simone Vincenzo Suraci, Davide Fabiani, Chungyang Li, “Post-irradiation effect analysis on XLPE-insulated LV cables used in nuclear power plants“, 2019 2nd International Conference on Electrical Materials and Power Equipment (ICEMPE)
- Simone Vincenzo Suraci, Davide Fabiani, Anne Xu, Sebastien Roland, Xavier Colin, “Ageing Assessment of XLPE LV Cables for Nuclear Applications Through Physico-Chemical and Electrical Measurements“, in IEEE Access, 2020
- Simone Vincenzo Suraci, Davide Fabiani, Josy Cohen, “In situ defect recognition analysis on long cables through nondestructive reflectometry and dielectric spectroscopy methods: a comparison“, 2020 IEEE Electrical Insulation Conference (EIC)
- Muriel Ferry, Guido Roma, Florence Cochin, Stéphane Esnouf, Vincent Dauvois, Fidèle Nizeyimana, Benoit Gervais, Yvette Ngono-Ravache, “Polymers in the Nuclear Power Industry” in Comprehensive nuclear materials 2nd Edition, 2020
- Anne Xu, Sébastien Roland, Xavier Colin, “Thermal ageing of a silane-crosslinked polyethylene stabilised with a thiodipropionate antioxidant“, in Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2020
- Anne Xu, Sébastien Roland, Xavier Colin, “Physico-chemical characterization of the blooming of Irganox 1076® antioxidant onto the surface of a silane-crosslinked polyethylene“, in Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2020
- Grażyna Przybytniak, Jarosław Sadło, Marta Walo, “EPR studies on the interaction between additives and polyethylene matrix initiated by gamma radiation“, in Express Polymer Letters, 2020
- Grażyna Przybytniak, Jarosław Sadło, Marta Walo, Norbert Wróbel, Pavel Žák, “Comparison of radical processes in non-aged and radiation-aged polyethylene unprotected or protected by antioxidants“, in Materials Today Communications, 2020
- Simone Vincenzo Suraci, Davide Fabiani, Xavier Colin, Sebastien Roland, “Chemical and electrical characterization of XLPE cables exposed to radio-thermal aging“, 2020 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Dielectrics (ICD)
- D. Fabiani, G. Mazzanti, S.V. Suraci, B. Diban, “Preliminary Development and Application of a Stress-Strength Model for Reliability Estimation of Aged LV Cables for Nuclear Power Plants“, 2020 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Dielectrics (ICD)
- Simone Vincenzo Suraci, Davide Fabiani, “Quantitative investigation and modelling of the electrical response of XLPE insulation with different filler content“, IEEE CEIDP – Conference on Dielectric and Electrical Insulation Phenomena
- Anne Xu, Sébastien Roland, Xavier Colin, “Physico-chemical analysis of a silane-grafted polyethylene stabilised with an excess of Irganox 1076®. Proposal of a microstructural model“, in Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2021
- Sarah Hettal, Sébastien Roland, Konsta Sipila, Harri Joki, Xavier Colin, “A new analytical model for predicting the radio-thermal oxidation kinetics and the lifetime of electric cable insulation in nuclear power plants. application to silane cross-linked polyethylene“, in Polymer Degradation and Stability, 2021
- Grażyna Przybytniak, Jarosław Sadło, Marta Walo, “Kontrolowanie Degradacji Kabli I Przewodów Elektrycznych W Elektrowniach Jądrowych” in Postepy Techniki Jadrowej, pp.18, VOL. 62 Z. 2 ISSN 0551-6846 WARSZAWA 2019
related Publications on the topic
Publications related to Ageing studies
- Przybytniak, J. Boguski, V. Placek, L. Verardi, D. Fabiani, E. Linde, and U. W. Gedde, “Inverse effect in simultaneous thermal and radiation aging of EVA insulation.” Express Polym. Lett., vol. 9, no. 4, 2015.
- L. Verardi, D. Fabiani, and G. C. Montanari, “Electrical aging markers for EPR-based low-voltage cable insulation wiring of nuclear power plants” Radiat. Phys. Chem., vol. 94, no. 1, pp. 166–170, Jan. 2014.
- L. Verardi, D. Fabiani, G. C. Montanari, and V. Placek, “Electrical aging markers for low-voltage cable insulation wiring of nuclear power plants” in 2012 IEEE 10th International Conference on the Properties and Applications of Dielectric Materials, 2012, pp. 1–4.
- L. Verardi, D. Fabiani, G. C. Montanari, U. W. Gedde, and E. Linde, “Aging investigation of low-voltage cable insulation used in nuclear power plants” in 2012 Annual Report Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena, 2012, pp. 851–854.
- G. Audran, S. Dorey, N. Dupuy, F. Gaston, S. R. A. Marque, Degradation of gamma-irradiated polyethylene-ethylene vinyl alcoholpolyethylene multilayer films: An ESR study. POLYMER DEGRADATION AND STABILITY 122, 2015, 169-1792015
- F. Gaston, N. Dupuy, S. R.A. Marque, M. Barbaroux, S. Dorey. One year monitoring by FTIR of gamma-irradiated multilayer film PE/EVOH/PE. RADIATION PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY 125,2016 ,115-121.
- F. Gaston, N. Dupuy, S. R.A. Marque, M. Barbaroux, S. Dorey, FTIR study of ageing of gamma-irradiated biopharmaceutical EVA based film. POLYMER DEGRADATION AND STABILITY 129, 2016, 19-25
- F. Gaston, N. Dupuy, S. R.A. Marque, M. Barbaroux, S. Dorey, Impact of gamma-irradiation, ageing and their interactions on multilayer films followed by AComDim. ANALYTICA CHIMICA ACTA 981, 2017, 11-23
- Guido Roma, Fabien Bruneval, and Layla Martin-Samos, “Optical Properties of Saturated and Unsaturated Carbonyl Defects in Polyethylene”, J. Phys. Chem. B vol. 122, pp. 2023-2030 (2018).
- Bandzierz K.S., Reuvekamp L. A.E.M. Przybytniak G., Dierkes W.K., Blume A. Effect of electron beam irradiation on structure and properties of styrene-butadiene rubber. Radiat. Phys. Chem., accepted (2018)
- A. Levet, J. Colombani, L. Duponchel. Studying radiolytic ageing of nuclear power plant electric cables with FTIR spectroscopy. Talanta 172 (2017) 139–146.
Publications related to Ageing modelling and multiscale relations
- L. Verardi, D. Fabiani, and G. C. Montanari, “Correlation of electrical and mechanical properties in accelerated aging of LV nuclear power plant cables” in High Voltage Engineering and Application (ICHVE), 2014 International Conference on, 2014, pp. 1–4.
- L. Verardi, D. Fabiani, and G. C. Montanari, “The influence of accelerated aging procedures on the correlation of electrical and mechanical properties of LV nuclear power plant cables” in 2014 IEEE Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena (CEIDP), 2014, pp. 506–509.
- Kivikytö-Reponen P, Laukkanen A, Apostol M, Waudby R, Andersson T, Helle A, Valtonen K, Kuokkala V-T (2014). Modelling and testing of elastomer impact deformation under high strain rates. Tribology—Materials, Surfaces & Interfaces 8(1):48–54.
- Vaajoki A, Laukkanen A, Waudby R, Kivikytö-Reponen P, Valtonen K, Kuokkala V-T (2014) Tribological Testing and Modeling of Elastomeric Materials. Key Engineering Materials 604:87–90.
- Ahmedou Sidi, Juliette Colombani, Jean-François Larché, Agnès Rivaton. Multiscale analysis of the radiooxidative degradation of EVA/EPDM composites. ATH filler and dose rate effect. Radiation Physics and Chemistry 142 (2018) 14–22.
Publications related to Condition monitoring
- G. C. Montanari, D. Fabiani, P. Morshuis, and L. Dissado, “Why residual life estimation and maintenance strategies for electrical insulation systems have to rely upon condition monitoring” IEEE Trans. Dielectr. Electr. Insul., vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 1375–1385, 2016.
- E. Linde, L. Verardi, P. Pourmand, D. Fabiani, and U. W. Gedde, “Non-destructive condition monitoring of aged ethylene-propylene copolymer cable insulation samples using dielectric spectroscopy and NMR spectroscopy” Polym. Test., vol. 46, pp. 72–78, 2015.
- E. Linde, L. Verardi, D. Fabiani, and U. W. Gedde, “Dielectric spectroscopy as a condition monitoring technique for cable insulation based on crosslinked polyethylene” Polym. Test., vol. 44, pp. 135–142, 2015.
- L. Verardi, D. Fabiani, G. C. Montanari, and P. Zak, “Electrical condition monitoring techniques for low-voltage cables used in nuclear power plants” in 2013 IEEE Electrical Insulation Conference (EIC), 2013, pp. 504–508.
- Pitkänen J, Kauppinen P, Jeskanen H (2005), Ultrasonic assessment of material degradation by thermal fatigue. VTT Symposium 237. Competent Design by Castings. Improvements in a Nordic project. GJUTDESIGN-2005 final seminar. Espoo, 13 – 14 June 2005.
- Boguski J., Przybytniak G., Benefits and drawbacks of selected condition monitoring methods applied to accelerated radiation aged cables. Polym. Test. 2016; 53: 197- 203.
- Boguski J., Przybytniak G., Łyczko K., New monitoring by thermogravimetry for radiation degradation of EVA. Radiat. Phys. Chem. 2014; 100: 49–53.
Other publications related to TeaM Cables
National assessments related to nuclear safety
The Nuclear Safety Directive 2014/87/Euratom requires EU Member States to undertake, every six years, national assessments on a specific topic related to nuclear safety, followed by a peer review by other Member States, with the European Commission as an observer.
The first topical per review concerns the ‘ageing management’ of nuclear reactors or, more specifically, the ageing effects on structures, systems and components.